Thursday, March 11, 2010

homemade remedies


We have been hit with the flu and after the fever is gone we have been left with a heavy cold. I went to my medicine cabinet and their was no medicine as I hate giving and taking over the counter drugs. So I hopped on the Internet and found this recipe for cough syrup and luckily had all the ingredients. It really worked. The taste is strong but my kids just had a cup of water to chase it down.
cough syrup
1 lemon juiced
same amount of honey (about a 1/4 cup)
2-3 cloves of garlic grated
I let this sit covered for a couple of hours to let the garlic blend into the liquid, then I strained, covered and put it in the fridge.
Worked like a charm.
Not for use on infants because of the honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.