Tuesday, October 15, 2013

north carolina





This year my parents celebrated their fiftieth wedding anniversary. To help them celebrate we (my two brothers, sister and families) took them to North Carolina for a week stay in a beautiful house on the beach. We had a fabulous week playing in the ocean and just being together.
The house was amazing because we had ten adults and fifteen kiddos in it and there was plenty of room for everyone.
Its a pretty big deal to say that you have spent fifty years with someone. My mom was just seventeen and my dad was nineteen when they said "I do". Mom had to finish her senior year as a married woman. Dad had to sign her report cards. I am so thankful to them for the example they set... that marriage is sacred and through good times and bad you stay together. Grow and learn together.
Happy fifty years.
Love you mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.